Autofill from 1Password to a secured Excelsheet which asks for a password

Options
Safety
Safety
Community Member

Hello everyone,
I would like a tip from you on how I can use 1Password to fill in a password query with a protected document.

I managed to do this 2 or 3 years ago with 1Password, but at the moment I'm failing at the task. Either a new creation for an Excel window no longer works or I just don't see it...

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Monterey 12.7.2
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Safety! 👋

Thanks for the question! Are you trying to fill a password into the password dialog of a spreadsheet open using Excel on the web (in your browser) or the Excel desktop app?

You can use 1Password's Quick Access feature to quickly get to your password and copy and paste it into Excel: Get to know Quick Access

I hope that helps!

-Dave

• Safety
    Safety
    Community Member
    Options

Hej Dave,

i try to autofill this one in the Excel desktop app

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Safety

Thank you for the screenshot, that helps clarify the issue. At the moment, filling into password dialog boxes in Excel isn't something that 1Password supports. I've filed a feature request on your behalf to have the team look into the possibility of adding support in the future.

For the time being, copy and pasting your password from Quick Access is the best solution. Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-37672364

• Safety
    Safety
    Community Member
    Options

Thx for help and support...

Regards
    Rolf

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm happy to help. 🙂