Touch ID not available on MacBook Pro 14" M1

Options
prevart
prevart
Community Member
edited January 5 in Mac

I still struggle with enabeling Touch ID for 1Password on my M1 Macbook (check box greyed out). Is this bug still around or is there any solution to solve the porblem? I'm aware of older posts - but can't see any solution.

All the best
Joachim

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: 2.18.2
OS Version: 14.2.1
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• @prevart

There could be potentially a couple of causes, but you are correct. One comes to mind more often. I'd recommend emailing us. It's usually a quick check, and once verified, the instructions can be sent out immediately in the reply email. The report also lets us ensure you do not risk any data loss. The report would indicate if any items had not been synced to your account. For those reasons, it would be best to message us. We'll do our best to get a reply out to you as quickly as possible.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password Preferences/Settings will open.
    3. Click Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your Downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: prevart
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/143886/touch-id-not-available-on-macbook-pro-14-m1#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• prevart
    prevart
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID #ZAI-14263-217

• Dave_1P
    Options

@prevart

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will get back to you via email as soon as they've reviewed the diagnostics report. Please continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: ZAI-14263-217

This discussion has been closed.