Unable to delete beta account

Options

I'm unable to permanently delete the beta account I created for passkeys test. I'm using German (deutsch) as language, and I'm asked to enter "löschen" in the confirmation dialog. However, the button to finally delete the account does not become active.

That's where you're supposed to enter "delete account" if your language is English. If you switch to English and enter "delete account", it's working.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited January 4
    Options

Hello @Tertius3! 👋

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble deleting your passkey beta account. Can you tell me the steps that you followed to delete the account? Did you use 1Password.com or did you try using one of the apps? These steps worked for me:

1. Go to https://start.1password.com/support.
    2. Enter your email address and select Continue. You’ll get an email from 1Password.
    3. In the email, select “View my account”. You’ll see a list of your 1Password accounts.
    4. Select the name of the account you wish to delete.
    5. Scroll down and select Delete Account.

I wasn't prompted to type in "Delete account":

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited January 4
    Options

@Dave_1P I didn't delete the account this way. I logged in via https://my.1password.com/home, in the top right corner chose my name, then "mein profil" (my profile), and below the list of signed in devices there is a section called "Gefahrenzone" (danger zone) and a big red button "Konto permanent löschen" (delete account permanently). Using this button first requires a confirmation, then entering "löschen":

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Tertius3

Thank you for the clarification. I've reproduced the same behaviour on my end and have filed an issue for our development team to investigate further. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/b5/b5#23740