Passkeys on iPad unreliable

Options
dustgerbil
dustgerbil
Community Member

I keep getting into situations where I can’t login with passkeys in safari. I get the prompt to login with passkeys, there is the 1Password logo and a continue button. The continue button does nothing. What could I be doing wrong? Or is the 1Password passkey support broken? I tried killing the 1Password main app. I go into the extension and everything looks good.

I’m having this on PayPal and the Nintendo shop. Very frustrating. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

I have tried reloading the page without content blockers. I’ve

1Password Version: 8.20.23
Extension Version: 2.17
OS Version: iOS 17.2
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @dustgerbil! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble with passkeys in Safari on your iPad. Are you running into the same issue in other iOS apps? Or just Safari? To help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

Please make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in the screenshot.

-Dave

• dustgerbil
    dustgerbil
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave, here’s what it looks like. The continue button does nothing.

Generally I’m only using passkey login in safari. Password login using 1Password tends to work fine in all apps.

• dustgerbil
    dustgerbil
    Community Member
    Options

Doh I just realised a restart of the iPad fixed it. I hate it when that’s the answer :D sorry should have tried it earlier.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@dustgerbil

I love it when a restart fixes things, I'm happy that passkeys are working in Safari on your iPad again. 😊

-Dave