windows hello pin not popping up

Options
msoileau
msoileau
Community Member
edited January 4 in Windows

For the last few weeks, my 1pw pin pop up with windows hello has been intermittently working. I've uninstalled/reinstalled 1pw which hasn't helped. I've removed my current pin in windows 11 and readded it, which sometimes helps. I've also turned off the setting in 1pw and turned it back on which hasn't helped. Any other thoughts? It says this but never prompts the pin unless I remove the pin and add it back again.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @msoileau! 👋

I'm sorry that sometimes the Windows Hello PIN isn't working to unlock 1Password. As a first step, I suggest that you remove and then re-add all of your Windows Hello options, such as facial recognition, fingerprint and PIN. If the option to remove the PIN is greyed out, you may need to disable the option to “only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts” on this device first.

You can find your current Windows sign-in options using these steps:

1. In the Windows search bar, type “Account”, then select Manage Your Account
    2. Select Sign-In Options.
    3. Here you should find a list of your current sign-in options. Remove any Windows Hello-associated options, such as fingerprint, face, and PIN.
    4. Re-add any options you’d like to use as part of your Windows Hello setup.

Once that is done, you can follow this guide on using Windows Hello to unlock 1Password on your Windows PC.

Let me know if that doesn't resolve the issue and I can help further.

-Dave