Unlock by Touch ID

Options
Sikachyna
Sikachyna
Community Member
edited January 8 in Mac

Hi,
I can't turn on the "Unlock 1Password by Touch ID" feature on my Mac mini M1.
The checkbox is always disabled.

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: 2.18.2
OS Version: macOS 14.2.1 (23C71)
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• @Sikachyna

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device and submit that via email. That will be the most expedient way to get you going. if it's as I suspect a single follow up email from us could be all that's needed. The report will clarify if the issue I have in mind is the correct one.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password preferences will open.
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: Sikachyna
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/143776/unlock-by-touch-id#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Sikachyna
    Sikachyna
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID: [#GVQ-43659-854]

• icees
    icees
    Community Member
    Options

I am in a similar boat. Face ID works for my Iphone for 1Password, but, ever since I upgraded to Mac OS Sonoma, the Touch ID option is grayed out in 1Password settings. Touch ID works fine for all my other applications on my MB Pro.

• Hello!

@Sikachyna :

Thank you for the support ID. I've located your ticket - someone from our team will send a reply as soon as possible.

@icees :

Can you also send us a diagnostics report from your Mac?

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you very much!

ref: GVQ-43659-854

• icees
    icees
    Community Member
    Options

Here is my Support ID number: #ULN-44599-594

• @icees

I found that report. Thanks! We'll be in touch as soon as possible.

ref: ULN-44599-594

• deyil
    deyil
    Community Member
    Options

I am facing the same issue in iMac 2023 with M3. Any updates in this?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@deyil

I'm sorry that you're also seeing the same behaviour. Since the solution depends on knowing the specific cause of the issue on your Mac, can you send in a diagnostics report so that our support team can take a look and advise further?

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• deyil
    deyil
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Here is my Support ID number: #MDI-18827-964

• Dave_1P
    Options

@deyil

Thank you for posting the Support ID, one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible. Please continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: MDI-18827-964

This discussion has been closed.