1Password on Windows Not Accepting Password

Options
MIfoodie
MIfoodie
Community Member
edited January 8 in Windows

Go to the post in the correct catagory : https://1password.community/discussion/143917/1password-on-windows-not-accepting-master-password/p1?new=1

Just recentlyI've setup my 1Password account on all of my devices. I was able to do this flawlessly though now I've reached an issue where on the desktop client, 1Password is not accepting my master password. I'm sure I'm entering it correctly because the app, the extension and the web client all accept it.

1Password for Windows 8.10.23 (81023003)

Edit: Sorry, new to the community and didn't set the topic/category correctly for this post.

Comments

• J_O_D
    J_O_D
    Community Member
    Options

Do you have just one account added to the desktop app? So are you sure you are trying to log into the right account? I would probably also try uninstalling the desktop app, restart the computer, installing it again and setting up the account again.

• Hello @Mlfoodie,

Thanks for your message. I've closed the other thread and will respond here since we have other feedback from the community - thanks @J_O_D! They are on the right track here. This can sometimes happen if another account was previously signed into the 1Password app or the account password was recently changed.

Since you mentioned being able to sign in to 1Password.com, can you confirm all of your data is present and accounted for? Can you also confirm that you have a copy of your Emergency Kit downloaded and printed with your current account password written in the space provided?

If so, I have some steps I'd like you to try. This will reset the local database and allow you to sign in anew and sync your data from 1Password.com:

Step 1. Reset the Windows App
    1. Open 1Password for Windows. You don’t need to enter your account password.
    a. Click the Start menu.
    b. Click the 1Password icon.
    1. Click the () and select Settings or (Ctrl + Comma (,)).
    1. Select the Advanced tab, scroll down and click Reset 1Password follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2. Sign in and re-sync to your account
    1. Sign in to 1Password.com.
    1. Select your name from the top of the right sidebar > "Get the apps".
    1. Under Step two, click the Add your account directly button.
    1. Select "Open 1Password for Windows desktop".
    1. Sign in with your account password.

Let us know how things go!