Want to upgrade to family

Options
safety1
safety1
Community Member
edited January 8 in Families

I want to upgrade to a family plan, I currently have 1password for Mac 8.10.23. I share my passwords between iOS, and PC. I am not sure if this was purchased as in-app purchase.
My son is still using 1password 7, which is not costing anything. He primarily uses Mac, and iPhone. Do I just send him an invitation, and if so how?
I would also be adding my daughter who would be new to 1P. How do I do this?
I have a secret key.
1- I having trouble figuring out how to upgrade. I do not see an upgrade button on the 1P app on my computer.
2-We do not want to share passwords, we will each have our own Master password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @safety1

If you're using 1Password 8 you already have a membership so you're headed in the correct direction. Because we do not have access to account details here in the community if you started the membership from one of the App Stores I'd suggest emailing us using support+forum@1password.com

If you didn't and you subscribed directly you'll want to change your account type.

1Password Support - Change your 1Password account type To do this visit your account on 1Password.com.

Once you've got the family membership set up you'll invite the other individuals. Both your son and daughter will have their own account password and Secret Key.

Add and remove family members

I recommend looking at adding one or bother of them as family organizers if you're so inclined. Account Recovery is worth the few extra steps needed.

🚑 Recover accounts for family or team members

• safety1
    safety1
    Community Member
    Options

thank you for the response, is there a way to tell if I started my membership from the app store? I do not recall. thanks

• @safety1

The easiest would be if you receive a credit card billing from us. That would be non app store. If in doubt the team can look into this if you email us.