Multiple Sign-in Requirement

Options
elkinsf
elkinsf
Community Member

I use 1Password on Windows 11 in a Chrome browser. Within the last month or so, I've been repeatedly prompted to sign into the web account even though I've already signed into the Chrome extension. Multiple sign-ins seems unnecessary from a security standpoint and is annoying. Specifically, I keep receiving this message: "Your session has expired. 1Password in the browser would like you to sign in again to authenticate." How do I stop this?

1Password Version: 1656
Extension Version: 2.18.2
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hey @elkinsf,

Can you let me know if adjusting your auto lock settings helps?

Here's how you can do this: How to set 1Password to lock automatically

• JLarm
    JLarm
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue on Windows 11 on Chrome and have been for approx. 3 months. Only on Chrome, the extension works fine on Brave and Edge. I sign in and in about 5 minutes it reprompts a sign-in. Very tedious when screen sharing.

When I set Automatically lock password to OFF this still happens.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.12 (81012034)
    Extension Version: 2.18.2
    OS Version: Windows 11
    Browser: Chrome

• elkinsf
    elkinsf
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph - I checked my auto-lock settings on my browser extension and on my 1Password.com account, and they appeared to be setup correctly, so they don't seem to be causing the problem. I have never downloaded a 1Password version for my Windows PC. Thanks!

• Hey @JLarm,

I'm sorry for the trouble. It seems like there may be something preventing 1Password in Chrome from connecting to your 1Password app. Ithink it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

@elkinsf

Can you attach a screenshot of the auto lock settings you have set?

Thank you!

• elkinsf
    elkinsf
    Community Member
    Options

Here are my auto-lock settings.

• Hi @elkinsf,

Thank you for sharing this.

If you run into this again can you grab the extensions console log and send it over so we can take a closer look? Here's how: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

Please attach it to an email to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread and our team can take a look.

Thank you in advance!

• BB9193
    BB9193
    Community Member
    Options

We are having the same issue with multiple users and it has been going on for a few weeks now. All users are running Chrome on Windows 10. When you log in to the browser extension it asks you to then authenticate online, which we do, but it never fully authenticates. It just keeps telling you that online authentication is needed over and over again, which forces our users to use 1Password offline but they cannot update credentials.

• elkinsf
    elkinsf
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph - Please see the attached. Thanks!

• @elkinsf

It may be best to get you into email support where the team can work with you to help resolve this trouble. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. elkinsf
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/143762/multiple-sign-in-requirement#latest

This will help us connect the dots as they say.

• elkinsf
    elkinsf
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph - I've tried attaching the log in various formats (PNG, PDF, text, and MS Word), and none of them will upload, so I've pasted the log into this message instead. Thanks!

• elkinsf
    elkinsf
    Community Member
    Options

Email sent as requested... Thanks!

• @elkinsf

Thank you for sending in the email, I can confirm that your email has made it to the right team and that you'll receive a reply as soon as possible.

Since we have a communications channel open via email, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: CVE-13151-371

This discussion has been closed.