Possible to setup trial individual Passkey account, then add to existing Family plan?

Options

Looking to add family now, skipping the "What's this Secret Key?" headache entirely, and just set them up using the new Passkeys open beta. Then add their accounts to my existing Family plan.
Is this possible?
Alternatively, is it possible to add Passkey option to the Family invite link process?

I've spent some time on this already, so I fear that the answer is no, or "Wait for Passkey expansion in 2024." but I figured I'd ask here if anyone has found a way to do it.

1Password Version: 8.10.24 81024022 Nightly
Extension Version: 2.19.1 21900102 Beta
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Brave

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @ReQuiem2099! 👋

Thank you for the question! At this time, signing up for the passkey unlock beta only allows the creation of a 1Password Individual account. No other account types are supported right now, nor can passkeys be added to existing accounts secured by an account password and Secret Key.

We hope to share news about using passkeys with other account types in the future. You can read more about the beta here: Unlock 1Password With a Passkey: Now in Beta

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

-Dave

• ReQuiem2099
    ReQuiem2099
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave,
    For now it would appear to be a non-starter unless I wanted to spin-up a test account at cost.
    I don't suppose there is a way to see my items with Passkeys associated with them already?
    I already have quite a few accounts with Passkeys turned on, but would like greater visibility to see beyond just what accounts DON'T have Passkeys turned on. Especially as it's clearly still early days, or inaccurate to say that some of these accounts even support Passkeys properly.
    Tracking items with Passkeys associated to them, ratios against the rest of the vault, would be helpful for broader Watchtower metrics.

• @ReQuiem2099

It isn't currently possible to see items that you've already saved passkeys for. I've let the team know that you'd like to see such an option in the future. Thank you for the suggestion!

For the time being, adding tags to items as you save passkeys is the best way to identify those items later: Organize with favorites and tags

I hope that helps!

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#22295