1Password thinks my credentials have changed and doesn't accept correct account details

Options
m_w
m_w
Community Member
edited January 10 in Mac

I'm using 1Password on many different devices (desktops, mobiles). I'm trying to log into my 1Password on my Mac mini and I get this message:

My secret or password haven't changed. I've checked the details by logging into 1Password on another device (Setup another device).

It offers to enter my secret key and password. I enter the correct details but then it says:

1Password Version: 8.10.23 (81023003)
Extension Version: 2.8.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Safari

Comments

• @m_w

Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. With us not having access to account details it would make troubleshooting harder. One thing that may get you going would be to ask if this is an old account that was found. If so, use the option for sign into a different account and provide your details. Does that allow you to access 1Password? If not, my colleagues will be able to look into this more. I'd go so far as to include a diagnostics report in my submission to save an email exchange.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password Preferences/Settings will open.
    3. Click Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your Downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. m_w
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/143969/1password-thinks-my-credentials-have-changed-and-doesnt-accept-correct-account-details#latest

This will help us connect the dots as they say.

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    Options

thanks - I've just sent the email 😀

• Thank you! Please continue the conversation with my colleagues over email. Since we have a communications channel open, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: XRI-43688-216

This discussion has been closed.