My account is offline. When I attempt to reconnect (by clicking on the red cloud icon), it fails.

Options
timgerrity
timgerrity
Community Member

My account is offline. When I attempt to reconnect (by clicking on the red cloud icon), it attempts to reconnect, then fails with a message that I'm offline. I have restarted the computer. This issue just started this morning.
How do I reconnect?

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: Mac mini Ventura 13.4
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• timgerrity
    timgerrity
    Community Member
    Options

Additional info... The message displayed after trying to reconnect is: "Offline. Changes won't appear on your devices until 1Password reconnects"

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi there @timgerrity

Are you using a VPN or a proxy, or anything similar, to connect to the internet? Sometimes that kind of thing can get in the way of 1Password's connection.

If possible, try using a different connection – even just briefly – to see if that helps. You could try a hotspot from your phone if that's available to you. If you still have any trouble, send us a diagnostics report and we can look into it with you.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

⚠️ Don't post your diagnostics report here! Email it to support+forum@1password.com and you'll receive an auto-reply from 🤖 BitBot. It will contain a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123] – post that here and I'll be able to make sure your message goes to the right team. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey

• shoden
    shoden
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. On all devices and vaults. I tried to send the email as shown above but haven't gotten anything from bitbot.

• @shoden

I'm sorry that you're running into the same issue. I've located your email and one of my colleagues will review your diagnostics report and send you a reply as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: QWQ-71989-283

• streblo12345
    streblo12345
    Community Member
    Options

I'm encountering the same issue - did this ever get resolved?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@streblo12345

I'm sorry that you're seeing the same issue. Are you seeing the same offline message on multiple networks? If you're using a VPN then does the message go away if you turn the VPN off?

If you're only seeing the message on one network, or only when using a VPN, then make sure that your network or VPN aren't blocking connections that 1Password needs: 1Password ports and domains

And if you're still seeing issues on multiple network, or if you're not using a VPN, then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• streblo12345
    streblo12345
    Community Member
    Options

I determined the source of this issue was from a second 1Password account that I had added, which was deactivated and/or I lost access to. Removing the second account from my 1Password applications resolved the issue for me.

• @streblo12345

I'm happy that you were able to resolve the issue. Thank you for sharing the fix with the community. 💙

-Dave