To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Adding Account to Windows Outlook for Yahoo with Passkey not working

Options
checkyourmirrors
checkyourmirrors
Community Member
edited January 3 in Memberships

I am trying to add my Yahoo account to Outlook in Windows, and my Yahoo account has been setup with Passkey. Outlook requires you to login into Yahoo as part of their process and Yahoo says it requires a USB Key to be entered which normally will initiate 1password to connect the passkey however it does not.

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 ARM
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• checkyourmirrors
    checkyourmirrors
    Community Member
    Options

I also tried this with MS Outlook for MacOS and have the same problem

• @checkyourmirrors

If the service has not implemented the needed faculties to allow you to login using a passkey you would need to wait on them to do so. It may also be that you've inadvertently saved the passkey to something like a YubiKey vs. a passkey within 1Password.

• checkyourmirrors
    checkyourmirrors
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, it is strange it calls for the USB Key though and perhaps a cautionary note that just because the Provider can do passkey, if there are SSO (or whatever you would call this) perhaps people should wait of using Passkey. It seems I need to remove passkey from Yahoo! now in order to get my Outlook account setup to use it.

• Hmm, I would think they would have a fallback option. I'm sorry to hear things did not go as expected. I'm hoping later in the year a lot of the growing problems will be smoothed out.