Pixel 8 can't turn on autofill

Options
cprpumpkin
cprpumpkin
Community Member

Brand new Pixel 8. When I try to turn on autofill, it prompts me to "Turn on 1Password Autofill in the system Settings app." I click "open settings" and 1Password is already turned on as an additional provider. Turning it off and back on does not fix the problem. And when I go back to 1Password, the slider for autofill is still grayed out. The autofill open, understandably, does not appear on any app when I try to log in.

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• schreibdog2487
    schreibdog2487
    Community Member
    Options

My wife is having the same issue. Just got her onto 1password on her new pixel 8, and I can't get it turned on. That is a major issue if the autofill can't be used. I've force quit 1password, cleared the cache, rebooted, and tried again, with no such luck. There seems to be a bug or something preventing the permissions from being applied. Might try putting her in the beta to see if that works.

• schreibdog2487
    schreibdog2487
    Community Member
    Options

UPDATE:
    I was able to get it fixed on my wife's phone. I had been clocking on the gear next to Google, but if you click on Google itself it brings you to a menu where you can choose 1password as the default. Once I did that and went back to 1passeord, autofill was enabled.

See photos below

Hopefully this helps you out. Glad that I wasn't the only one scratching my head over this.

• publicuser
    publicuser
    Community Member
    Options

I was having the same issue on a brand new pixel 8 pro. Many thanks for posting the solution. Shame on Google/Android for creating a confusing user experience through this interface and also a clear opportunity for 1password to clarify the steps in their help articles about this: https://support.1password.com/android-autofill/#:~:text=If you have a login,one you want to use.

• Hi @publicuser,

We have now updated our documentation on the following support link - https://support.1password.com/android-autofill/#set-up-autofill to reflect the new steps for enabling 1Password as the autofill service on Pixel devices.

-- Brendan