Autofill and unlocking issues with 1Password 8 for Android

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Feature Request: PIN code to unlock.

Comments

• psiclopz
    psiclopz
    Community Member
    Options

I used v8 for the last few months, and it worked ok. Multiple apps failed to auto fill, and the autofill prompt itself took up to 10 seconds to appear. But in the last month it started becoming unusable. It would bring up the login/pin screen, the lock would rotate and rise up, like it was unlocking, and then freeze with the lock icon and blank screen. Once it did it once it would never work again. It would always show the lock at the top with a blank grey screen. I tried soft-close, force close, shut down the phone and restart. The only thing that worked was a full uninstall and reinstall of the app. After the third time it happened in a week, I uninstalled it for good and reinstalled v7, which has always worked consistently and well (with the "correct" pin option) and the autofill prompt has never failed to appear. 1Password8 for Android is a failure in my opinion, although it works fine on the PC. I will be staying with 7 on my phone.

• Hi @psiclopz,

I'm sorry to hear about these issues you encountered when using the 1Password 8 for Android app.

If you'd be happy to try 1Password 8 for Android again, please let us know and we'd be happy to help identify why these issues were happening and troubleshoot the issues further.

-- Brendan