iMac error by opening second password entry

Options
Wadley
Wadley
Community Member
edited January 11 in Mac

On my iMac, I open 1PW app and open a site in my Private Vault and when I click the 1PW icon on site just opened, it opens another window asking for main password again! If I enter this (again), I gain entrance to desired site. How can I fix this duplicate request?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.23
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 14.1.2
Browser: Safari

Comments

• @Wadley

It sounds like there is disconnect between 1Password in the browser and the 1Password application. That's if I'm following you correctly. Can you try the following?

1. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
    2. Quit your browser.
    3. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock
    4. Open your browser.

I would also look into updating macOS when you can.

• Wadley
    Wadley
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Tommy. Tried this, as well as updating Mac, but still same behavior. Is it possible to delete and re-install extension?

• Dave_1P
    edited January 10
    Options

@Wadley

I'm sorry that you're still seeing the issue. Let's save reinstalling the extension until after we've tried something simpler that might fix the issue. Can you please check the following:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and click Settings.
    3. Under General, turn "Integrate this extension with the 1Password desktop app" off and then back on. Make sure that a green dot is visible underneath the setting.

If turning the option off and then back on doesn't fix the issue, or you see a different coloured dot, then please let me know.

-Dave

• Wadley
    Wadley
    Community Member
    Options

Completed as directed, but still same issue and see an orange dot.

• @Wadley

Thank you for the reply. If you've already updated macOS, as suggested by Tommy earlier, then I'd like to collect some logs to help troubleshoot this further:

Attach both files to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• Wadley
    Wadley
    Community Member
    Options

[#PJJ-28572-564]

• Dave_1P
    edited January 11
    Options

@Wadley

Thank you for posting the support ID, one of my colleague will send you a reply as soon as they've finished reviewing the logs.

Since we have a communications channel open via email, I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PJJ-28572-564

This discussion has been closed.