Trouble getting started

Options
Centime
Centime
Community Member
edited January 11 in iOS
  1. When I try to change the password on a site to a 1P password, 1P is not an option, only Safari’s keychain.
  2. It says that 1P is not installed on my iPad but when I go to download the app, the option to download is grayed out.
  3. 1P asks me to enter my password every day, even though it says it will only do that every two weeks.
  4. I just tried to log in and it asked me to enter my Secret Key.
    It can’t be this complicated! You really need better documentation on how to get set up and running. I spent HOURS trying to find the most basic info. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 17.1.2
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Centime! 👋

I'm sorry that you've run into trouble trouble getting started with 1Password. It's certainly not the experience that we want to provide and we'll keep working to make things easier. Thank you for the valuable feedback.

I'll reply to your specific questions below:

When I try to change the password on a site to a 1P password, 1P is not an option, only Safari’s keychain.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble filling a login into a website. On the iPhone AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS and 1Password only provides the data for the experience.

When you tap on the username or password field in Safari do you see "Passwords" appear above your keyboard? If you don't then I would like you to make sure that you have turned on AutoFill to work with 1Password:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords and Passkeys.
    4. Select 1Password.
    5. De-select iCloud Keychain and any other password manager.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

It says that 1P is not installed on my iPad but when I go to download the app, the option to download is grayed out.

To help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and post it here:

Make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in the screenshot.

1. 1P asks me to enter my password every day, even though it says it will only do that every two weeks.
    1. I just tried to log in and it asked me to enter my Secret Key.

Is this happening on a iPhone or iPad or another device? Are you trying to fill a login or open the main 1Password app from your home screen?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: JPV-43924-293

• RBF
    RBF
    Community Member
    Options

All is well. I figured it out.

Thanks

• Dave_1P
    Options

@RBF

If you have any other questions in the future then don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help. 🙂

-Dave

• Centime
    Centime
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I’m going in circles. When I go to a site to log in and change my password to one suggested by 1P, I can’t do it because when I try to enter the new password, 1P autofills the old pw spot and not the new one. So I’m unable to change any passwords. Suggestions? I’m running Sonoma and iOS 17.1.2. I’m thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling. Would that work?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Centime

Thank you for reaching out, I can certainly help you change your passwords. You don't need to reinstall 1Password. Before I offer a suggestion can you please tell me the following:

1. Are you changing your password on a website using your Mac or your iPhone?
    2. Are you using Safari or another browser?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• Centime
    Centime
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your fast response. I’m working on both my Mac and my iPad. I haven’t put 1P on my phone yet. I think I made a mistake at the beginning, because I used 1P to change my passwords. I didn’t understand that you have to change each one individually site by site. So now I guess the pws are the ones 1Ps suggested? Only I don't know what those are. Should I work on the Mac first and then the iPad? I’m really stuck! And appreciate your help.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Centime

Thank you for the reply. I've asked our support team to reach out to you via email so that they can provide step-by-step instructions that will help you get everything working properly on your iPad, Mac, and phone.

Please keep an eye on your inbox, you'll receive an email as soon as possible. 🙂

-Dave

ref: JPV-43924-293

• Centime
    Centime
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I have not received anything from them.

• @Centime

My colleague just sent you another email about six minutes ago. If you don't see it then please check your Spam/Junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there.

-Dave

• Centime
    Centime
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave, I just got a note but the person didn't understand my question so I explained it again. Fingers crossed.

• @Centime

I'm happy that you received the email, the team has your reply and they'll reach out to you again as soon as possible. Please continue the conversation there.

Since we have a communications channel open via email, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.