Extension not connecting with App.

Options
robert1p
robert1p
Community Member
edited January 11 in 1Password in the Browser

On my Chromebook, the extension settings indicate "[Status: Problems Connecting (orange circle icon). Please make sure the 1Password app is unlocked.]".

I've updated my Chromebook, 1pw App, and 1pw Extension to the latest version. I've tried rebooting (several times). After each reboot, I log into the App first (since that's what is says to do); but for the heck of it, I've also tried logging into the Extension first. I've toggled the integration setting off & on. I have also read numerous pages on your web site about getting the extension to work with the app. Nothing seems to fix the issue.

Please advise.

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: 1.19.0
OS Version: 120.0.6099.203
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hey @robert1p,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with 1Password in the browser. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• robert1p
    robert1p
    Community Member
    Options

[#KWM-84635-986]

As requested, I attached the console log.

However, I was unable to send a diagnostic report from the app; when I click the "Send diagnostics" button (in the Settings Help section of the app), all it does is refresh the grayed out app that is behind the Help popup window; nothing more.

The app is Android 8.10.22 81022047, on PRODUCTION channel.

• Hey @robert1p, thank you for your reply.
    I've located your support ticket and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible about this issue. To prevent having the conversation in two different places at once I'm closing this thread.
    -Evon

• Hey @robert1p,

I reopened this discussion post as part of your request via email. I'll post some information here for others to read, feel free to do the same if you'd like.

For customers using a Chromebook, the 1Password app cannot be installed directly on ChromeOS unless you use ChromeOS' Linux tool to install 1Password for Linux. More information about that here:

This may not work for everyone and I recommend testing this only if you're familiar with these systems. I don't personally have a Chromebook, so I cannot replicate this directly.

At this moment, there isn't a way to use the integration setting (Shared Lock State) in 1Password in the browser to communicate with ChromeOS since there isn't a 1Password app that exists for it yet.

Josh

• robert1p
    robert1p
    Community Member
    edited January 12
    Options

Josh, Thanks for the support. From the documentation on your website and the features that appear in the extension and the app, there was nothing to indicate this combination shouldn't work. I appreciate the time spent investigating and for the clarification. Best regards.

• I'm happy that Josh was able to help. 🙂

-Dave