Update to Google SCIM Bridge creates duplicate groups

Options
mprewitt007
mprewitt007
Community Member

We updated our SCIM bridge from 2.8.2 to 2.8.5 and now all our groups are duplicated, an this has created a challenge.
The number of groups is not bad, so we just added the vault and removed the 'old' group, which caused all our users to be deprovisioned, we now have duplicate groups we can't get rid of (3 in some cases of the same group) and can't figure out how to get rid of them without it turning all our users off.

We have 2 emails into support and no response in 4 hours.

We are somewhat new to 1password, and can't find a way to talk to anyone in support, which is new as the last password tool we had at least we could talk to someone if we had issues.
I see someone had a similiar issue with Azure, but I can't find documentation on how to do what they did with Gcp.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mprewitt007,

Your ticket is being looked at by our customer support folks currently.
    They will reach out you soon to help with the issue.

Thanks.

• mprewitt007
    mprewitt007
    Community Member
    Options

Well, my first email went out 5 hours ago and I haven't even gotten an acknowledgement from your support system that they have gotten either of my emails.

• mprewitt007
    mprewitt007
    Community Member
    Options

A whole day has passed and no response from 1password.

• Hi there,

The customer support team has responded to your query yesterday. Could you please check under your spam folder?

• mprewitt007
    mprewitt007
    Community Member
    edited January 11
    Options

I am looking for it..

• mprewitt007
    mprewitt007
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I have replied, though I gave that information in emails yesterday along with log snippets.. I am investigating why your emails are going directly to my archive folder as well, as that is an odd behavior in our systems.

• mprewitt007
    mprewitt007
    Community Member
    Options

So apparently there is a bug in the 2.8.5 google SCIM that they are investigating that can cause groups to duplicate. (was in 2.8.2 so a long standing bug in our minds)
    Once the groups duplicate, your old groups (the ones you attached vaults to and configured so carefully to be your single source) become useless and must be removed, so you have to now add the vaults to the 'new' groups that were created in error and remove the old groups.
    I hope they fix this, for us that's currently only 8 groups, so it's only re-assigning 10 vaults, but I have friends who have 30 or more groups in their 1password setup, and we were looking at doing something similar to provide more granular controls of our vaults and shared credentials..
    We are now re-thinking that as any update to the scim creates this manual work.
    8 is not horrible, but if we had more the amount of effort goes up and the opportunity for human error comes in, which is the point of automation, to avoid human error.
    Hopefully they can fix this bug and it won't be an issue.