Unable to use Touch ID to unlock the extension, Touch ID works for the desktop app

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Account password required for browser extension.

Comments

• mourogers
    mourogers
    Community Member
    Options

Experiencing the same here, just in the past few days. Macbook Pro M1, Sonoma 14.2.1

I usually have two or three browsers running at a time for web development. After 1Password gets locked due to inactivity/sleep, each browser (Firefox/Safari/Chrome) requires me to click the icon in the toolbar, then type in my password, before I can use the extension. This is 100% consistent, not intermittent.

In the past I could click the icon in the form field and 1Password would prompt me to unlock via fingerprint, and would then work across all browsers until the computer went to sleep.

Not running any screen sharing.

Fingerprint still works to unlock the app itself.

• Hello @mourogers! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to use Touch ID to unlock 1Password in the browser. It sounds like the connection between the desktop app (which is responsible for Touch ID) and the extension is broken. Can you try the following:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password from your Mac's Applications folder.
    4. Open your web browser.

If that still doesn't work then can you right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar the next time that Touch ID fails to work and then click Settings. Is "Integrate this extension with the 1password desktop app" turned on and do you see a green icon underneath?

-Dave

• mourogers
    mourogers
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, restarting the app and browsers resolved the issue.

• I'm happy to hear that everything is working again. 🙂

-Dave