1Password Scan QR code not working for some websites

Options
marcoisabella
marcoisabella
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi guys,

I want to replace my current authenticator app with 1Password. From a security standpoint, I know it is better to keep my password and my authenticator app separated, but I have a lot of trust in 1Password for most websites.

However, websites like cloudflare.com or ui.com generate a QR code or code itself that can't be recognized.

Is this currently known?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• marcoisabella
    marcoisabella
    Community Member
    Options

let's bring this up!

• Dave_1P
    edited January 12
    Options

Hello @marcoisabella! ๐Ÿ‘‹

I apologize for the delay in responding, I'm happy to look into the questions and issues that you've brought up. ๐Ÿ™‚

I want to replace my current authenticator app with 1Password. From a security standpoint, I know it is better to keep my password and my authenticator app separated, but I have a lot of trust in 1Password for most websites.

We have a great blog that explores the use of 1Password as an authenticator app here: 1Password & 2FA: Is it Safe to Store Passwords and 2FA Codes Together?

However, websites like cloudflare.com or ui.com generate a QR code or code itself that can't be recognized.

I do see a known issue involving Cloudflare and the QR code scanning feature in the desktop app. Can you try to scan the one-time password QR code using 1Password in the browser instead: Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication

If that doesn't work then can you share which browser you're using and the complete link to the webpage that you're trying to scan the QR code on?

I look forward to hearing from you. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#21588