Setting Up A Passkey At CVS

Options
Fooligan
Fooligan
Community Member
edited September 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I tried setting up a Passkey on the CVS website using 1Password, but there is an error that says Try Again. This behavior is the same in Safari and Chrome.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.8 (81008045)
Extension Version: 21300007, on BETA channel
OS Version: macOS 13.4.1 (22F82)
Browser: Safari & Chrome

Comments

• oxalate
    oxalate
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. 1Password beta extension 2.13.0 in Chrome 114.0.5735.133, running on macOS Ventura 13.4.1 with 1Password for Mac 8.10.8 (81008045) installed.

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @Fooligan, @oxalate!

Thank you for reaching out. I apologize for the delay in response.

I did some testing on my end and have been able to recreate the same behaviour.

I've created an issue for our development team to look further into this issue. I apologize for any interruption in your workflow caused by this.

I appreciate the time you took in submitting this! Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Evon

ref: dev/core/core#22788

• cirkut
    cirkut
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here in multiple browsers! Would love to get a notice when this is fixed!

• leandrosiow
    leandrosiow
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here with CVS.

• SeaMonster
    SeaMonster
    Community Member
    Options

+1 (same issue, and only for CVS)

• schasin
    schasin
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for CVS and CVS Health

• michaelyork
    michaelyork
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• ctry
    ctry
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here! Thanks for looking into it :)

• danef
    danef
    Community Member
    Options

Please let us know when this is fixed. dfeldman@dfeldman.com

• shirazi
    shirazi
    Community Member
    Options

Add me to the list of people anxiously awaiting this fix :)

• I have added you all as affected users to the internal issue.

Thank you for your patience whilst we look to improve the behaviour on this site!

ref: dev/core/core#22788

• drekula
    drekula
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles please add me, too

• fastrhythm
    fastrhythm
    Community Member
    Options

Had the same problem today.

• jefftb
    jefftb
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

I went to create a Passkey on CVS and it created it within Google Chrome instead of 1Password. I have Chrome's password manager turned off, but still saved a Passkey.

• awinter
    awinter
    Community Member
    Options

Same here using Brave. I have Brave's password manager set to use 1Password, but it saved the passkey to Brave, no option to save it to 1Password. I deleted it from Brave and now it won't prompt me to create one again.

• @drekula @fastrhythm @jefftb @awinter Our developers are still working on a fix. In the meantime, I have added you all as affected users to the internal issue above. I apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing and thank you for your patience while we continue working to improve 1Password.

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member
    Options

Confirming that I saw the same problem.

• I'm sorry for the disruption @wavesound, thank you for your patience!

• GregSchmidt
    GregSchmidt
    Community Member
    Options

I didn't get the error "1Password encountered a problem" while setting up passkey on CVS.com
    The only option to save the passkey was in macOS Settings>Passwords. Toggled on the setting to save passkey in iCloud Keychain. This was the only option; Never saved in 1Password. I submitted a support ticket for this, but it was before I joined the 1Password Community where I see developers are aware of an issue with CVS passkeys.

• chadlyy
    chadlyy
    Community Member
    Options

Confirmed I'm having the same issue with cvs.com

• Thanks for the report.

• dem
    dem
    Community Member
    Options

I wasn't aware of this thread when I tried to create a Passkey for CVS using Safari 17 on Ventura. The flow appeared to succeed and the additional URL was added to the existing entry for CVS in 1Password, but the Passkey is not there. It appears to have been lost.

• azmurph
    azmurph
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to get 1Password to work with CVS, but only as a separate device. I was on my computer and when I chose a separate device, it brought up a QR code. I scanned that with my phone camera and it recognized the passkey add for 1Password such that my 1Password CVS item now shows a passkey. BUT, when I try to login to CVS using it, it doesn't prompt 1Password, it just brings up the QR code. I then scan that with my phone camera and 1Password on my phone authenticates and gets me in.

And then ....I can't find any passkey setting on the CVS website to remove this passkey so that I can either have none or try again. So, that's fun.

I'm sure that's not the idea of how this should work. I thought I'd share the different experience from what has been reported.

• drekula
    drekula
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @azmurph . I had previously saved a passkey with Chrome, but later deleted it (weeks ago). When I tried logging in today with my password and after submitting SMS MFA code, it prompted me to create a passkey and I could use 1P to save it. I also logged out and was able to use passkey to login.

• chadlyy
    chadlyy
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm it's working now. Thanks @drekula

• schasin
    schasin
    Community Member
    Options

Still not working for me in Safari

• azmurph
    azmurph
    Community Member
    Options

I'm stuck in a weird no mans land just because they don't seem to give the ability to remove a passkey on the CVS web site. If I log in using Safari on my iPhone it works great and 1Password does the job with the passkey, but if I try to login on my Mac, I get a QR code. I can scan that with my iPhone camera and authenticate to get in, but 1Password on the Mac should be processing the passkey and isn't. I'm not sure what causes that so it would be nice to be able to remove the passkey from CVS and start over. Odd thing to omit on CVSs part unless I'm missing where it is.

• amermel
    amermel
    Community Member
    Options

Issue is still occuring on CVS Website with Firefox and Latest 1password. When you click "Sign in and enroll" it prompt you to hit your security key

• @amermel

It looks like this is a known issue.

https://passkeys.directory/details/cvs/

Register individual passkeys using iOS, with Safari or Edge browsers.

Please note: Saving and signing in with passkeys on CVS is currently incompatible with 1Password in the browser and third-party passkey managers on iOS.