1Password 8 for iPad Home Screen

Options
pinacate
pinacate
Community Member
edited January 12 in iOS

I've been using iPassword 8 on Mac since its release. It works well for me. The Home Screen shows a left sidebar with a bunch of useful options and the main body has the search function and a long item list.

I recently downloaded 1Password for my iPad and I don't find any of the Home Screen items useful. The iPad Home Screen has an icon for opening sidebar which contains the items I frequently use. The main body contains a number of configurable tiles but I seldom have use for any of them.

So when I open 1Password I hit the sidebar open icon before I can start. This feels like an extra step and makes me think I'm not using it as intended.

Do others have these usability issues?

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 17.2
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @pinacate! 👋

Thank you for the feedback! I'm sorry that the sidebar's behaviour isn't ideal for your use, at the moment the sidebar will only persist if you use your iPad in landscape mode since there's more horizontal real estate in that orientation.

That being said, I've shared your feedback with our Product team so that they can see if we can make further improvements here. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-37782271

• pinacate
    pinacate
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll give turning the iPad to landscape and see how that feels.

And I appreciate you passing on to the design team that, at least for me, launching into a page that contains a view of my passwords and a way to search them is useful.

• On behalf of Dave, you're welcome.