How to fix "Contents can't be autofilled" on Pixel 8 Pro

Options
boyrauchp
boyrauchp
Community Member

On my Pixel 8 Pro, when I try to log into the native Yelp app, 1Password doesn't present any saved email address.

If I long press in the Email Address entry field, I can choose Autofill, but I just get the message Contents can't be autofilled.

I'm using Gboard with Google Voice Typing. I've tried to configure 1Password's autofill both "Above the supported keyboard," and "Below the fields they relate to," but have had the same result.

I have the same results on another Pixel 8 Pro as well as a Pixel 6 Pro (Android 14, UP1A.231105.003)

Is there any way to get 1Password to autofill the email address value?

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Android 14 UQ1A.231205.015.A1
Browser: n/a

Comments

• Hi @boyrauchp,

I'm sorry to hear that the Contents can't be autofilled message is appearing after long pressing the email address field and tapping Autofill in the Yelp app.

When this message is displayed, the only other option to autofill the login fields within this app would be using drag and drop

We will pass this information to our development team to make them aware of the issue.

I hope this helps.

-- Brendan

• boyrauchp
    boyrauchp
    Community Member
    edited January 11
    Options

Thanks for passing the info along, @BrendanR1P. The drag and drop method worked fine. Once it prompted for the password, 1Password worked. It was just the email field that was a problem.

• @boyrauchp,

You're very welcome. Thanks for letting me know the drag and drop method worked fine.

-- Brendan

• boyrauchp
    boyrauchp
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, drag & drop worked. It's just cumbersome. For the email field, it's easier to just start typing the email address and let autocomplete finish it. Then, for the page with the password field, 1Password works correctly.

• Hi @boyrauchp,

I apologise for the drag and drop method being cumbersome. While I cannot guarantee when the issue with autofilling in the Yelp app will be resolved, with each update released for the 1Password for Android improvements are made including to autofill.

-- Brendan