Failed to save new item

Options

First visit to this web site. 1Password generated a password successfully, then attempted to create a login. Interestingly, the generated password is not shown in the list of password-only items, sorted by date.

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: 2.17.1
OS Version: Sonoma 14.1.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @boberonicus! 👋

I'm sorry that you ran into an error when saving a new item. This is a known issue that our developers are currently investigating and I've added your report to the internal work item for the issue. For the time begin, please try these steps:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    3. Under General, disable the "Integrate with 1Password app" setting.
    4. Under Accounts & Vaults, click ( ⋮ ) button to the right of your account and then click "Sign out" to sign out of your account.
    5. Click "+ Sign in to a new account" to sign back in.
    6. Back on the 1Password extension's settings page, under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

Then, please try to save your login again. Let me know if that doesn't work.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#17386

• boberonicus
    boberonicus
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

I followed your instructions and followed the same steps I had used before. I created a new, unique login item with no problems!

• Thank you for the update @boberonicus, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

• mikesilva
    mikesilva
    Community Member
    Options

The frequency of this error is getting really fucking obnoxious.

• Hey @mikesilva,

If the steps above don't improve things for you, can you reproduce the issue and send over the extensions console log so we can take a closer look at what is going wrong? Here's how: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

Please attach it to an email message to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you!

• mikesilva
    mikesilva
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for seeing through the acerbic comment generated by the frequency of this error. Sorry. I've reproduced the issue, and emailed the logging as requested.

• Thank you @mikesilva, can you share the support ID of your ticket so I can close the loop?