Feature Request: Support Google Pay virtual credit cards

Options

I recently started using virtual credit cards through Google Pay. Their implementation in Chrome requires that they control the fill-in selection for a credit card form field. Since 1Password attempts to control that same field, I have to temporarily disable the 1Password browser extension on any payment page where I want to use a virtual card. Otherwise, the virtual card choice doesn't show up in the selection list. Only the cards I have entered into 1Password appear.

It's inconvenient to have to visit the "manage extensions" settings, disable 1Password, refresh the payment page, complete the payment, revisit the settings, and re-enable 1Password. A better way would be to provide a toggle in the 1Password extension dropdown that lets me turn off payment form fill-in for the page I'm on. This would resemble the behavior of the DuckDuckGo extension, which, when clicked, shows a toggle switch to turn off protections for the site I'm on.

Or maybe your developers can think of an even better way!

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: 2.18.1
OS Version: Linux Mint 21.2
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @SteveD! 👋

Thank you for the feedback! You might be interested in a service that 1Password has an integration for called Privacy.com: Use 1Password to create and fill Privacy Cards

Regarding virtual cards with Google Pay, I don't use that myself but I'm wondering if the following might help:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and click Settings.
    2. Turn off "Make 1Password the default password manager in this browser".
    3. In Chrome's address bar, open: chrome://settings/autofill
    4. Click Payment Methods.
    5. Allow Chrome to fill payment methods.

Let me know if that improves things. 🙂

-Dave