Trouble with filling

Options
System
edited January 17 in iOS
This discussion was created from comments split from: Not autofilling fields.

Comments

• JimSmith64
    JimSmith64
    Community Member
    Options

I’m having the same issue on my iPad. Works fine on phone. I followed teh steps and it still doesn’t work. I also deleted the app on the iPad and reinstalled it - didn’t help.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 10
    Options

@JimSmith64

Can you clarify which method you're using? 1Password for Safari or Password Autofill (above the keyboard)? What are you trying to fill? An app or a website? If it's a site, which browser are you using? One thing that comes to mind is the autofill prompt inline. This is not enabled for 3rd party apps. We're hoping Apple can make a change here. You also mentioned an iPad. Are you using an attached keyboard or the on-screen keyboard?

• JimSmith64
    JimSmith64
    Community Member
    Options

I’m trying to use the safari extension to fill a website login using iPadOS safari. I sometimes use the Bluetooth connected keyboard in my case but often use the screen keyboard. I’m not sure what you mean about Password autofill (above the keyboard).

• @JimSmith64

Than you for the reply. On the iPad there are two different ways to fill a login, you can find descriptions here:

If you're using the second option, the 1Password for Safari extension, then can you tell me if you see the 1Password icon when you tap on the username or password field on a field? What happens when you tap on that icon? Does the filling menu with a login suggestion appear? Or does nothing happen?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• JimSmith64
    JimSmith64
    Community Member
    Options

I just logged into the Medicare website. When I put the cursor into the username field, a banner appeared at the bottom of the screen asking if I wanted to login with a password from 1Password - no icon in the login fields.

• JimSmith64
    JimSmith64
    Community Member
    Options

• @JimSmith64

Thanks for posting the screenshot. I see 1Password's icon in the login field right here:

Can you please try these steps:

1. Open the Settings app on your iPad.
    2. Scroll down and tap on Safari.
    3. Tap Extensions.
    4. Tap 1Password.
    5. Make sure that all of the entries on this page (especially "Other websites") is set to Allow.

Then go back to your website in Safari and try tapping on the icon that I pointed out in the image that I posted above. What happens when you do so?

-Dave

• JimSmith64
    JimSmith64
    Community Member
    Options

It does Face ID but doesn’t fill anything or show it’s unlocked. I’m attaching a screenshot of the settings page. Should 1Password.com be allowed?

• @JimSmith64

I generally suggest leaving the one where your account is located set to allow and the others (.ca and .eu) set to ask. Assuming of course you use the .com site. It's helpful if you need to access 1Password.com. Of course you can also use ask. It's just a matter of choice.

Back to the filling issue. I was unable to fill on the Medicare site using the inline menu and the one above the keyboard. Can I ask you to open 1Password the app and unlock. The return to the Medicare site, refresh the page and then try to unlock the inline menu? I say this because I had trouble getting the menu to appear or fill until I had unlocked 1Password.app. Once I unlocked and returned I was able to fill successfully.

• JimSmith64
    JimSmith64
    Community Member
    Options

The one above the keyboard works regardless of whether 1Password is unlocked. The inline icon doesn’t unlock even if 1Password is unlocked.

• @JimSmith64

I'm sorry that you're still unable to unlock 1Password for Safari. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• JimSmith64
    JimSmith64
    Community Member
    Options

CXF-64891-171

• @JimSmith64

Thank you for the Support ID, I see that my colleague has already sent you a reply. Please continue the conversation there. 🙂

-Dave

ref: CXF-64891-171

This discussion has been closed.