Can 1Password be connected to onelogin via SAML integration?

Options
Tomita
Tomita
Community Member

I am a 1Password reseller in Japan.
We received a question from a new prospect, and in the April 2023 information, we heard that OneLogin is included in the 2023 development roadmap.

Can 1Password Business use SAML integration with OneLogin at this time?
Or is there a way to do SAML coordination using SCIM Bridge?
If you have any documentation for linking 1Password Business to OneLogin, please let me know. (English is fine, I will translate it)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Tomita,

Thanks for asking about how to Connect OneLogin to 1Password SCIM Bridge. Our support article details this process, and would allow 1Password users to be provisioned from OneLogin after a SCIM bridge is deployed and the connection is set up.

Let me know if you have any questions, or feel free to email support@1password.com if you'd like to be connected with our our support team to get any help with this.

Thank you,

• Tomita
    Tomita
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @ScottS1P

Thank you for your reply.
    Can 1Password and OneLogin be linked via SAML?
    Is my understanding correct that SAML collaboration is possible by using SCIM Bridge?

Thank you

• Hello @Tomita,

At this time, there aren't any other options to configure OneLogin provisioning with 1Password. You'll need to proceed with the OIDC options, as SAML is not currently supported.

Thank you,

• chamiltonccn
    chamiltonccn
    Community Member
    Options

@ScottS1P Is support for SAML planned for future releases? Honestly I'd prefer SAML over the SCIM bridge.

• @chamiltonccn

Thanks for the question! The team is conducting research into the possibility of supporting SAML in the future but I don't have any timelines to share at the moment. You can read more about our available integrations here: Integrations

Can you tell me which identity provider you and your team are using? I would be happy to let the team know that SAML support is important to you.

-Dave

• chamiltonccn
    chamiltonccn
    Community Member
    edited January 15
    Options

@Dave_1P Thanks for replying. We use Google as our IDp. Right now we're using the SCIM bridge but I'm not crazy about it. SAML on the other hand is lightweight and seamless for both authentication and provisioning and it doesn't require any additional infrastructure, unlike the SCIM bridge, which requires k8s and all the associated management overhead. (Which, admittedly, isn't a whole lot but it does break sometimes -- for example: occasionally it won't renew SSL certs without being scaled down then scaled back up). I will say any issues we've had with the SCIM bridge have been minor and easily resolved (so far) ... but we almost never have SAML issues anywhere we've deployed it :-)

I would be happy to let the team know that SAML support is important to you.

Please do!

• @chamiltonccn

Thank you for the detailed reply! I've shared your feedback and request with the team internally. 🙂

If you'd like to discuss the SCIM bridge issues in more detail then I would recommend emailing our experts, they might have some more suggestions and advice: business@1password.com

-Dave

ref: PB-37842562

• chamiltonccn
    chamiltonccn
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Thanks for your help! I'm looking forward to SAML support at some point in the future 🙂

• Thanks again for the feedback. 🙂

-Dave