1Password extension pop-up has a narrow width when opened (Arch Linux)

Options
sheepwall
sheepwall
Community Member
edited January 17 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi I'm running chrome on an Arch Linux system (Dell XPS15 laptop) and Sway window manager.

The extension window doesn't show to its full width (not even close actually, see the screenshot). If I need to copy details manually (as is often the case when autofill is not suggested) I have to open a new tab and log in to 1password, search up the entry, and copy the field value I am after.

This has been an issue for some time, I just assumed that I wasn't the only one having the issue and that it would be fixed in an update soon.

Not sure about the pattern but I think it might only work (can see extension window in full) when I have connected another monitor (even though browser window is still on same screen).

Not sure what else to add. Please ask if you need more details.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.19.0
OS Version: linux 6.6.9
Browser: Chrome 120.0.6099.109 (Official) (64-bit)

Comments

• Hello @sheepwall! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password's pop-up isn't opening correctly. So that I can better understand the issue can you please tell me the following:

1. Can you confirm that the extension pop-up opens correctly when another monitor is connected?
    2. If you temporarily turn off your other extensions, do you still see the issue?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#10333

• sheepwall
    sheepwall
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P

1. Yes it opens correctly with 2 monitors, stops working after disconnect the second monitor.
    2. Disabled all other extension, issue still there.

• Dave_1P
    edited January 17
    Options

@sheepwall

Thank you for answering those questions. So that I can look into this further, I'd like to ask you to send in a console log when reproducing the issue:

Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• sheepwall
    sheepwall
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P

I sent the mail.
    ID: [#PTS-22373-613]

Thanks

• Dave_1P
    edited January 17
    Options

@sheepwall

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible via email, please continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: PTS-22373-613