Not syncing across devices

Options
Geep
Geep
Community Member

Is there something I need to do manually to synchronize 1Password across all my devices, Mac and IOS, my wife's and my devices?

1Password for Mac 8.10.23 (81023003)
Mac OS Ventura 13.6.3
Safari 17.2.1
IOS 17.2.1

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Geep! 👋

I'm sorry that you're not seeing all of your items on the devices that you expect to see them on. Can you please tell me a little more about the situation so that I know how best to help:

1. Are you and your wife using the same 1Password account on all of your devices? Or do you have separate accounts?
    2. Do you see all of your items when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?
    3. On which devices, in the 1Password app, do you not see the same items that you see on 1Password.com?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• Geep
    Geep
    Community Member
    Options

We're both on a family account.
    Only the shared vault shows up when I click on "vaults." But I just found online how to allow all family members to share private vaults, and that seems to have given me access to logins/passwords I/we couldn't access before, though our private vaults remain private on our iphones.
    How do we share private vaults on our phones?

• @Geep

Thank you for the reply. There are two types of vaults in a 1Password Families membership:

• Private/Personal vaults: each family member has their own Private/Personal vault and this is where they can store items that are for their eyes only. You can't share your Private/Personal vault with another family member.
    • Shared vaults: items in a shared vault will be seen by any family member who has access to that vault.

If you'd like to share passwords with your wife then you'll need to first move/copy them to a shared vault that you both have access to. Each 1Password Families membership comes with a built-in Shared vault that all family members in the membership automatically have access to. We have a guide on how to share passwords with your family members here: Share passwords with your family

Let me know if you run into any issues. 🙂

-Dave