1password 7 to family subscription

Options
cdresel
cdresel
Community Member

I have been a long time user of 1password. I've been a single user using 1 pw 7 and I have upgraded to a family subscription recently. My question is do I need a key stored on Dropbox anymore and do I need to download and use 1pw 8 in conjunction with my family subscription?

1Password Version: 7.9.11
Extension Version: 2.19.0
OS Version: 13.6.3
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hi there @cdresel

do I need a key stored on Dropbox anymore[?]

If you can see all your items on 1Password.com, then you can remove any 1Password-related data from Dropbox. The only thing you might want to store there for safekeeping is a copy of your Emergency Kit, although I would recommend it not contain your account password since Dropbox's storage isn't encrypted end-to-end.

do I need to download and use 1pw 8 in conjunction with my family subscription?

Definitely recommended. Older versions of 1Password are now discontinued and won't receive any further development or new features. We'd only update an older version of 1Password if there was a critical security update, but that's about it. Your 1Password membership will include all future upgrades as part of the subscription, so you should use the latest available version.

I hope that answers your questions fully, but please do let me know if I can be of any further help. :)

— Grey