"Only fill on this exact address" isn't working properly

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Advanced URL matching?.

Comments

• dmir
    dmir
    Community Member
    Options

What is going on with the "Only fill on this exact address" option?

I got the following domains for development:

de.myfirstproject.ddev.site (first project login password)
    de.mysecondproject.ddev.site (second project login password)

Both entries are set to "only fill on this exact address". But when I go to the login mask of each of the projects I get both suggested.

Why?

• Zerosan
    Zerosan
    Community Member
    Options

That sounds very similar to this: https://www.reddit.com/r/1Password/comments/17qj9ps/only_fill_on_this_exact_domain_still_showing_for/

Apparently you have to set the matching for all urls of the entries if I understand this correctly?

• dmir
    dmir
    Community Member
    Options

Ok great bug. :-) Since we got thousands of entries I wait till the bug is fixed.

• jwilleke
    jwilleke
    Community Member
    Options

Not a bug, just negative customer impact feature.

Seems that with more than 5 pages of discussions and over several years that the 1Password product manager should be invited to participate.

-jim

• Hello @dmir! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing an incorrect autofill behaviour with some of your logins. As Zerosan mentioned (thanks for the help!) this sounds like a known issue that our developers are working on a fix for.

So that I can confirm that you're affected:

1. Do the Login items that are being suggested on the wrong page have multiple website addresses added to them?
    2. If you temporarily remove all addresses but just the one address that you've set to use "Only fill on this exact domain" from the item then is it suggested correctly?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20855