Feature Request: Batch tag edit! (This is laborious)

Options
JerryDT
JerryDT
Community Member
edited January 19 in Business and Teams

UPDATE: I figured out it can be done within the app!

When my items were imported from Lastpass, I ended up with a ton of tags. And on top of those tags, all 650+ items are tagged with both "Lastpass" as well as another tag showing the date and time of import. It seems like there should be a way to remove a tag entirely (from all items) as well as rename existing tags. At the very least, how about drag and drop functionality for tagging/categorizing items?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @JerryDT

Sounds like you're on your way. Great job. I've add some thing if someone happens on your posting. Please let me know if you have any questions too.

Drag and drop is possible. You'll drag from the center column to and over the top of the specific tag in the sidebar. Bulk deleting/renaming is possible. I suspect this is the one that caused the most concern/trouble. You'd right-click on the tag in the sidebar and then you'd select delete/rename.
    You'd also need to ensure tags are shown in the sidebar. To do that enable the option below.

1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Appearance -- Always Show in the Sidebar-- Tags

📂 Organize with favorites and tags

• JerryDT
    JerryDT
    Community Member
    Options

My issue was that I forgot about the app, and was trying to do this task while logged in from a browser. Once I tried it in the app, all of that was easy to figure out!

• Gotcha, and my apologies for any confusion on my part.