Issue using my previously issued Adobe passkey to sign in from local Acrobat Reader App

Options
rickapel
rickapel
Community Member

A few months ago I created a passkey to use with Adobe Acrobat Reader. When using a browser I have no issues signing into my online Adobe Account. However, when I had to sign in from my locally installed Adobe Acrobat Reader (2023.008.20470.0) Application the login via passkey on MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1 the login failed. The login via password was AOK.

My Win 11 laptop is currently in the shop being repaired so I was unable to determine if the local app login via passkey works there or not.

This is more than likely the 1st time I've tried the passkey login from the Acrobat Reader local app so I'm not sure what to expect at this point.

Any advice is appreciated at this point. My total passkey experience is limited to about 5 online accounts at the present time.

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: 2.19.0
OS Version: Sonoma 14.2.1
Browser: Arc

Comments

• Hello @rickapel! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to sign into Adobe Reader using your passkey. Can you tell me what happens with you choose the option to sign in with a passkey? I just tried the app myself and I see the following error:

"Passkey Sign-In Failed. Please use a different method to sign in."

Is this what you see as well? I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• rickapel
    rickapel
    Community Member
    Options

Dave,
    That is Correct
    "Passkey Sign-In Failed. Please use a different method to sign in."
    When I use the password everything is AOK at that point.

When I login to my Adobe account via a browser, the passkey works.

-Rick A

• @rickapel

Thanks for the reply. Usually, when signing into a desktop app using a passkey, you should see the following type of prompt:

Choosing the "iPhone, iPad, or Android device" option will allow you to sign into the app using a passkey from 1Password on your mobile device.

It looks like something is going wrong with how the Adobe app begins the passkey authentication process and the prompt isn't appearing at all. This isn't something that 1Password can fix since the issue is occurring within the Adobe app itself. I recommend reporting the issue to Adobe so that they can take a look. 🙂

-Dave

• rickapel
    rickapel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave!
    Now that you mentioned it, I think my Microsoft login prompt works that way
    I’ll report this to adobe.

• Rick A
  • Thank you! Let me know if there's anything else that I can help with. 🙂

-Dave