Open in Browser in Safari in a MAC

Options
astandre
astandre
Community Member

I have started the family plan and have set up 1Password on my PC without difficulty. My wife has a MAC and in setting it up I have a question.
When I use quick access in Safari and after selecting the site I wish to open Quick access says "Open in a Browser'. Why doesn't it say "Open and Fill"?
When I choose open in a browser it opens the login window but then I have to use Command\ to get the username and PW. That is an extra step compared to Open and Fill.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @astandre! 👋

I'm sorry that your wife's login credentials aren't being filled when she uses Quick Access and Universal Autofill. While testing this I ran into the same issue on my own Mac, here's how I resolved it:

1. Temporarily uninstall 1Password for Safari: How to remove 1Password from your browser
    2. Clear Safari's cache and history: Clear the history, cache, and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (CA)
    3. Close Safari.
    4. Reinstall 1Password for Safari: ‎1Password for Safari on the Mac App Store
    5. Open Safari and try to open a website and fill again.

Let me know if that doesn't work and I can help further. 🙂

-Dave

• astandre
    astandre
    Community Member
    Options

Dave
    I performed all of the steps you suggested. The problem remains the same. In Safari, I select the 1Password icon at the top, choose Quick Access and type in a site to log i. I get 'Open in a Browser'. I do not get Open and Fill which I get on my PC. I select Open in a Browser and then I must use Command\ for the username and password to complete.

• @astandre

I'm sorry that the steps didn't help. Are you able to share the address of one of the websites whose login isn't being filled? Do not share your username or password, just the website address.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave