Closing 1PW Quits the App

Options
uckethwi
uckethwi
Community Member
edited January 8 in Mac

Title says everything. Since a few days pressing CMD+W or closing with the red X icon quits the app instead of just closing it. This is very annoying, please fix soon!

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 14.2.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @uckethwi! 👋

Thank you for reaching out! I'm sorry that the 1Password app is closing unexpectedly, as a first step can you please make sure that you have 1Password set to run in the background even if the main window is closed:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click Settings.
    4. Click General.
    5. Make sure that "Keep 1Password in the menu bar" is turned on.

If that doesn't help, or if the option was already on, then please let me know. 🙂

-Dave

• uckethwi
    uckethwi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P, yes, that was and is already on! So the issue still persists :(

• uckethwi
    uckethwi
    Community Member
    edited January 8
    Options

@Dave_1P I restarted my Macbook and it seems that resolved the issues… Done (for now :D)

• Dave_1P
    edited January 8
    Options

@uckethwi

A restart would have been my next suggestion too, I'm happy that you were able to resolve the issue. 🙂

-Dave

• uckethwi
    uckethwi
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I have the problem again, and a OS restart does not help this time :(

• @uckethwi

Can you toggle the setting off, restart the device, then toggle the setting back on? if that's not fruitful or the trouble returns it's likely best to get you over email support. Your details in the community indicate that 1Password is up to date.

If the trouble continues please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. uckethwi
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/143935/closing-1pw-quits-the-app#latest

This will help us connect the dots as they say. I'd also include a diagnostics report.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password Preferences/Settings will open.
    3. Click Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your Downloads folder.
    • Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!