To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Importing from LastPass

Options
iwaddo
iwaddo
Community Member
edited January 11 in Memberships

I think I've read all the documentation but could not find the answer to this one particular question.

Will the import from LastPass create a separate vault in my account or can I choose the vault to import into?

I am also importing from a CSV file and trying to work out the best way to deduplicate the data.

1. CSV to one vault, LastPass to another
  2. CSV and LastPass to the same vault
  3. LastPass to CSV, merge the two CSV files then import one CSV to 1Password

Thank you for your help.

Regards

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @iwaddo

All of the imports I have done have created a separate vault. This includes recent export and import tests. That said, I've been a 1Password user for 16 years now So my LP experience is minimal at best. We do have folks who specialize in this. I would encourage you to email us if you're so inclined.

Use support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

The web import interface allowed me to specify the vault. I had created an empty vault just for the job.

I found the web import tool to be really functional and met my needs, though I was only importing Logins and Secure Notes.

I am pleased to say that the new vault is now shared with my 5th family member, an elderly relative who I have moved from a spreadsheet and LastPass [Didn't think I could claim the remaining LastPass balance for joining an existing Family and not creating a new account]. I did a lot of the merging from both in a spreadsheet before importing, lots of checking and matching formulas before finally exporting my results to CSV for import. Any items I thought were duplicates for later checking I tagged with a unique code D001, D002 etc so we can now click each tag in turn and work through the data cleansing.

It all went well :-)

• I'm glad all went well.

Regarding the balance question, I'm not sure. I don't typically work in that area. Off-hand I would think you're right. That said, as the saying goes nothing ventured nothing gained. You could always shoot an email to my colleagues in email support and see if they can do anything for you. it's a 50/50 and at worst it will cost you a couple of minutes and an email. At best who knows. ;) It's better odds than playing the lottery, or getting lightning struck.

Now, if I could just get another provider to do the same for me on a totally different subject. Haha. I've got to buckle down and send that message. Especially since I receive a shipment from them later today. Maybe today is that day. 🙃 I digress…

If you're interested email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.