Want 1Password to save credential but NOT auto fill - is this possible?

Options
FWEBoston
FWEBoston
Community Member
edited January 22 in 1Password in the Browser

Evaluating 1P as replacement for LastPass. Have several websites where both of us in this house have independent credentials / logins. I want a password manager to save my credentials but other user does not.

I have tried, for my item in 1P, setting autofill behavior to "never fill on this website." If I enter the target URL into the browser, then I cannot use 1P to fill username and password. OTOH, if from the 1P extension I click “open & fill” for that website, 1P does **not **fill the form fields. See screenshot.

So I have to ask, why would anyone configure a 1P item for "never fill?" Maybe I simply misunderstand how to get the behavior I want. If there is no way to use 1P for MY credentials on a website but allow another user to enter them manually, 1Password will not work for me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• @FWEBoston

It may be that the site is on a different kind of page where 1Password cannot determine if it should fill or not. The only reason I can think of is an archived login that you keep around (perhaps a deceased relatives?). At least that's all that comes to mind from my personal use.

Are you able to share a login page? Just the page URL, not the username and password.

• FWEBoston
    FWEBoston
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for lending a hand. The URL in question is https://www.citi.com/
    a. Just now, I used 1Password to "open and fill" and a new browser tab appeared, AND user & password were filled in.
    b. Then, I entered the URL manually into a new tab, and AFAIK NO credentials were filled, which is what I wanted.
    c. Repeated step (a), and credentials were filled.
    So all that looks as desired, but you see from the screenshot that yesterday 1P claimed to have no fields to fill.
    I will have to continue experimenting as long as I have the patience. I'll try to report back and again, thank you.

• 1Password in the browser knows you've set it to never fill. In this instance you'd need to use drag and drop. You could also use a different browser profile for the other person and one for yourself. That might be the answer you're looking for.