1Password isn't working on my Android phone

Options
sogs
sogs
Community Member
edited January 23 in Android

I have read everything including videos on getting 1Password to work on my Android phone. It works fine on my desktop computer. Note 20 phone running Android 13. I've done and checked everything I've read, Autofill settings etc. It still does not work. I tried it with the Samsung Internet Browser that comes with the phone and it works. So, it does not work with the Chrome Browser in Android.

*** After digging around for hour 5 I found this suggestion and it now works. Hallelujah!!!
https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/?android

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited January 23
    Options

Sorry for the headache @sogs I've let the team know this an area that caused you concern and caused a less than optimal experience.

ref: dev/web/support.1password.com#4300

• sogs
    sogs
    Community Member
    Options

I came very close to not using this program after hours of frustration. There's no reason for not having precise instructions on how to install the software on every platform and browser it is supposed to work on. It's called quality control.

• Multiple password managers can cause trouble no matter which manager you use. Posting just as you did will often prove helpful.

I just learned about a feature in another app I didn't know of when I started using it several years ago. It took me the better part of 8-10 hours over three days to adjust all my various actions. Things work so, so, so, much better now. Any future work will make use of what I learned. I found my answer in their community forum. My point is we're all here to learn, and I'm glad you found an answer to your question. Let us know if something doesn't seem right. One of us or any of the community folks will likely be able to get you going. We're glad to have you learning, exploring, and growing within our community.

My journey started 16 years ago when I landed in this very community. A password manager is not something you can sit down in front of and grab everything in 5 minutes. Believe me, I tried. Oh, I tried so hard. It's often those little nuggets of gold that you'll find helps resolve any trouble. You've uncovered a big one. When I started, I put 1Password down within the first few days and was like nope, not for me. I picked it up a few days later, and the rest is history. I came back with the mindset of nope, I will figure this out. Ah, memories! 🙂

We're here for you. If you have any questions, ask away.