Icons showing on individual account details but not left column

Options
Steve102
Steve102
Community Member

I may not be asking this question correctly but here goes. On the 1Password window on my MacBook there is a left column that shows each account and user name (American Express, Amtrak, Apple ID, etc.). When I click on one account name details show on the right. On many accounts the custom icon shows on the right details but not on the left column. I'd like the icons to show on the left, also. If this is not clear I have a screenshot that may help. Thank you for your help.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.2.1
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:icon not showing on left column

Comments

• Hello @Steve102! 👋

I'm sorry that icons aren't rendering properly in 1Password on your Mac. Our developers are tracking an issue that sounds similar to what you're reporting, can you tell me if these icons are custom icons that you yourself have added to the items? Or are they rich icons that 1Password automatically provides?

Can you also confirm that you still see the issue when you update to the latest version of 1Password (8.10.3 at the time of writing): How to keep 1Password up to date

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#18063

• Steve102
    Steve102
    Community Member
    Options

This may be a duplicate response and if so I'm sorry. Regarding 1Password versions I'm running 8.7.0 on Mac OS.

I do not make custom icons. The icons are automatically provided by 1Password. It's not a big deal but they are convenient and I'd like to see them populated to all parts of my interface.

Best wishes,
    Steve

• @Steve102

It sounds like you're running an old version, I recommend updating to the latest: How to keep 1Password up to date

I do not make custom icons. The icons are automatically provided by 1Password. It's not a big deal but they are convenient and I'd like to see them populated to all parts of my interface.

Thank you for the additional details. Our developers are investigating the issue and I've added your report to the internal work item open for the bug so that they're aware that you're affected.

-Dave

• Steve102
    Steve102
    Community Member
    Options

I see version 8.10.3 on the Releases page but when I download and install it "About 1Password" still shows 8.7.0. I click "Check for Updates" and it says "You're up to date!" I can't install the latest version.

• @Steve102

I'm sorry that you're not able to automatically update. The steps below will get you up and running with the latest version of 1Password from our website (don't worry, your data is stored in a separate location and is safe):

1. Quit all open web browsers.
    2. Open the main 1Password app. Right-click on the 1Password menubar icon and then click Quit.
    3. Drag 1Password from the Applications folder to the Trash. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
    4. Restart your Mac.
    5. Download the latest version of 1Password from the 1Password website.
    6. Quit any open web browsers and then install 1Password.
    7. Open and unlock 1Password before opening your web browser.

Let me know if you run into any issues. 🙂

-Dave

• Steve102
    Steve102
    Community Member
    Options

Following those steps I was able to update to the current version. Thank you. I note that the account icons that 1Password generates are still not being populated throughout the program as I originally posted. This is not a big deal but I hope your developers make progress on this bug.

-- Steve

• @Steve102

I'm happy to hear that you were able to update to the latest version. Our developers are investigating the icon rendering issue and hope to include a fix in a future update to 1Password. Thank you again for reporting the bug. 🙂

-Dave

• @Steve102

The issue that prevented 1Password from displaying rich icons in the item list has now been resolved as of the latest update! 🎉

Please update to version 8.10.24 or later: How to keep 1Password up to date

Thank you again for your patience and your report. If you still see the issue after updating and restarting 1Password then please let me know.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#18063