Unchecked "show icons", but still seeing them - is this a problem?

Options
burnwa
burnwa
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Mac

Some time ago I unchecked "Show app and website icons". Since then, I've not seen the sites' icons in the regular list of entries. However, if I search for a particular password and select "Show all matching items", I do see the website icons. This is even the case for a brand new login that I created today. The icons do not help me and I want none of the risks associated with using them.

Could you help me understand what is happening and whether or not this is a problem?

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ventura 13.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @burnwa,

Thanks for surfacing this, you're correct that having the option disabled in your settings should stop icons from appearing anywhere in the app. I suspect this is related to a known bug and have added you to our internal tracker. While I don't have any updates to share at the moment, I have reached out to our development team for further insight and will let you know what I find.

In the meantime, if you haven't already, you can read more about rich icons and how 1Password uses them on our website: About rich icons and your privacy

ref: dev/core/core#18541

• burnwa
    burnwa
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Andrew.

• @burnwa

The issue that affected when rich icons would be displayed in the 1Password app has now been resolved as of the latest update.

Please update to version 8.10.24 or later: How to keep 1Password up to date

Thank you for your patience and your report. If you still see the issue after updating and restarting 1Password then please let me know.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#18541