App no longer autofilling OTPs when using passkeys

Options
agent177
agent177
Community Member
edited October 2023 in iOS

I've specifically noticed this issue with PayPal, so not sure if it's unique to that.

I have 1Password set up to create OTPs for PayPal. Previously 1Password would autofill my email/password, then copy the OTP to the clipboard automatically so that it's easy to paste into the 2FA page that comes up after signing in (or, sometimes it just filled the code automatically with even having to paste).

I've now set up a passkey with PayPal and this no longer works - after signing in with the passkey (which works absolutely fine), nothing is copied to the clipboard or autofilled in the 2FA page and I have to manually go to the 1Password app and copy the OTP from there.

Can this functionality be added please?

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: iOS 17.0.3
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @agent117! 👋

Thank you for reporting the issue! I can confirm that the team is able to reproduce the same behaviour and we have an internal issue open for our developers to investigate further. Hopefully this will be fixed in a future update. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

For now, as you mentioned, you can copy and paste the OTP from the main 1Password app.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24349

• @agent117

The issue where 1Password wouldn't copy your 2FA one-time password to the clipboard when signing into an app or website using a passkey has now been resolved as of the latest stable update! 🎉

Please update to version 8.10.24 or later: How to keep 1Password up to date

Thank you again for your patience and your report. If you still see the issue after updating 1Password then please let me know.

-Dave