Quick Access suggests a login for the previous website

Options
hazmat
hazmat
Community Member
edited January 24 in Mac

On various Macs I have 1Password 8 running on, I'm seeing an issue here where Quick Access in Safari suggests the previous site I was at. If I dismiss Quick Access and then pull it up again, it seems to have the correct current site. Is this a known issue?

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Sonoma
Browser: Safari

Comments

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member
    Options

i was about to ask the same question. I have noticed this same behavior and it has been happening at least since November for me.

• Dave_1P
    edited January 24
    Options

Hello @hazmat and @snowy! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing the previous website's suggestion in Quick Access. So that I can identify whether this is a known issue can you please tell me the following:

1. Do you experience the issue only in Safari? Do you use any other apps or browsers where you're seeing the same issue?
    2. Are you running the latest versions of both macOS (14.3) and 1Password (8.10.24) on your Macs?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

Latest version of both macOS and Safari. I don't really use any other browsers.

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member
    Options

I experience on 2 different Macs (13.4.6 and macOS 14.3) both using Chrome. I just updated to latest 1Password on 13.4.6. so I will need test it a bit more to confirm.

One additional piece of info it doesn't happen every time, but often enough that I realize i have to search quick access to find what i need.

• @hazmat and @snowy

Thanks for the reply. We do have an open issue where Quick Access can sometimes show the wrong suggestion but it looks like more information about the issue would be useful to our development team since we haven't yet been able to reproduce it from our end. I'd like to ask each of you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#19272

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

I sent it a half hour ago, but no reply yet.

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

Finally arrived.

WYX-13867-272

• Thanks hazmat

ref: WYX-13867-272

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Someone from support followed up to my ticket and I sent them a video screenshot of it happening. If you want to try and reproduce it, log into a site in Safari. In my case, I log back out, but not sure that makes a difference. Go to another site you have a login for in the same tab. Pull up Quick Access. In my case it has the previous site I was at. Hit Esc and then pull up Quick Access again. Should have the current site.

• @hazmat

Thank you, my colleague will sent you a reply via email as soon as possible. Please continue the conversation there. 🙂

-Dave

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

I am. I just wanted to show you how to reproduce it.

• Thank you @hazmat. I appreciate you sharing those steps. 🙂

-Dave