1PW for Safari no longer filtering matches as you type

Options
snozdop
snozdop
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

When clicking in a user name field in Safari, you get the 1PW dropdown menu of matching credentials. Starting to type in the input field used to filter the matches live as you typed. This no longer happens - the list just stays the same with no live filtering occurring.

I've tried quitting and restarting Safari, enabling and disabling the extension, and completely quitting 1Password and reloading but nothing fixes it.

Other browsers still continue to filter matching credentials as you type.

1Password Version: 8.10.20 (81020031)
Extension Version: 2.16.0
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.6.1
Browser: Safari 17.1

Comments

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

I've also just noticed that using the keyboard arrows to navigate up and down the dropdown menu items no longer works either.

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

It's still doing it in the latest v2.17.0 of 1Password for Safari released yesterday.

Is anybody else seeing this?

• Hey @snozdop,

I'm sorry for the trouble. You are right, we are running into a couple of issues specifically with 1Password for Safari including the navigation using the arrow keys not working as well as the list on inline menu items not being filtered.

I apologise for the disruption this is causing, I have added you as an affected user to the internal issues.

Thank you for your patience.

ref: dev/core/core#24063
    ref: dev/core/core#24151

• jlchandler
    jlchandler
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

This is happening to me as well, which has been a bit frustrating. I hope 1PW will prioritize the fixing of this bug.

• @jlchandler

I'm sorry for the frustration, I've added your report to the internal work items as well so that our developers are aware.

-Dave

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Still no fix in today's v2.17.1 1Password for Safari release, which is disappointing - especially as this seems to be a regression as it all used to work previously.

• @snozdop

The issue is still open with our development team. When it's resolved you'll see it noted in our release notes: 1Password Releases

I'm sorry for the continued inconvenience.

-Dave

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thank you. Is there a beta program for 1Password for Safari? I get the macOS and iOS betas but haven't seen beta releases for the extension.

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2023
    Options

@snozdop

Thanks for the question, you can find the 1Password for Safari TestFlight invite here: https://support.1password.com/betas/#install-a-beta-release-of-the-1password-browser-extension

TestFlight betas are limited to only a certain number of seats. If the beta is currently full then you can try to join again at a later date as inactive seats do free up from time to time.

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Not sure how I didn't find that myself, but I got a slot and will test alongside the macOS and iOS versions.

• @snozdop

Sounds good! The team and I appreciate your help in testing the beta versions of 1Password, your efforts help us to create a better experience for everyone. 💙

-Dave

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

Just downloaded the latest beta v2.19.1 Safari extension and the above mentioned filtering results as you type, and menu keyboard navigation features are still MIA - any idea when these will return? It makes working with 1Password in Safari considerably more cumbersome.

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

@snozdop

The issues are still open with our development team but we're unable to provide an ETA on when the issues will be fixed. Thank you for your continued patience.

-Dave

• jlchandler
    jlchandler
    Community Member
    Options

I’m very surprised that this hasn’t been made a priority to be fixed. In my opinion, it’s a fairly significant bug that impacts user experience and usability.

• @jlchandler

Although I'm not able to share an ETA, I can confirm that the issues are being actively worked on by our development team. I'm sorry again for the inconvenience.

-Dave

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

Happy to report that the 2.20.2 (22000202) build has fixed the filter as you type functionality, although navigating the list by cursor keys is still not working.

• @tsuris45

Beta testing slots for 1Password for Safari are currently full. You can keep checking the beta option here on this page (below). Not to worry, it shouldn't be too long before the next release. It sounds like you're keen to see the filtering.

https://testflight.apple.com/join/wdCBan7N