Unexpected Application Error on Find after Search

Options
nlindley
nlindley
Community Member

If you search, then perform a find within the filtered list, as soon as there are no more matching results, the primary window is completely replaced with a stack trace for an unexpected application error. Restarting the application brings the window back.

Unexpected Application Error!
Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'type')

Steps:

1. Press ⌘F to start a search
  2. Search for something and press return
  3. Press ⌥⌘F to start a find
  4. Type enough characters for there to be no matches

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 14.1.2
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited January 8
    Options

Hello @nlindley! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing a crash when using the search and find tools in the 1Password for Mac app. Our developers have coded a fix for this issue and we're currently testing that fix in the latest beta and nightly versions of 1Password:

We’ve fixed an issue that could cause the app to crash if you used Option-Command-F or Ctrl + Alt + F to filter a list of search results.

If testing goes well then we hope to include the fix in an update to the production version as soon as possible. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#26121

• @nlindley

The issue where 1Password would crash and display "Unexpected Application Error!" has now been resolved as of the latest stable update! 🎉

Please update to version 8.10.24 or later: How to keep 1Password up to date

Thank you again for your patience and your report. If you still see the issue after updating and restarting 1Password then please let me know.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#26121

• nlindley
    nlindley
    Community Member
    edited January 25
    Options

Thanks for the update, @Dave_1P. I’ve switched back to the production channel, and it’s working as expected. Another issue I’ve noticed related to Find:

• Open the Find input with ⌥⌘F or from the Edit menu
    • Remove focus from the Find input by either tabbing or clicking away
    • Try to return focus to the Find input with ⌥⌘F or from the Edit menu

It seems the only way to return focus back to the Find input is by clicking, tabbing, or dismissing it with the “X” before using the shortcut again. I tried this against the nightly build as well.

• @nlindley

I'm happy that you're no longer seeing the original issue. 🙂

It seems the only way to return focus back to the Find input is by clicking, tabbing, or dismissing it with the “X” before using the shortcut again. I tried this against the nightly build as well.

Thanks for the reproduction steps! I confirm that I see the same behaviour and I've filed an internal work item to have our development team investigate this further.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#27483