storing a confidential folder on 1password?

Options
sorazem
sorazem
Community Member

I would like to move a folder of confidential documents off my computer and safely stored in 1password. How do I accomplish this? Secondly, is it possible to password protect the folder with a unique password on the folder once it is moved to 1password? In affect, I want a double layer of protection on this information... Thank you.

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: 2.19.0
OS Version: MacOS 14.2.1
Browser: safari

Comments

• @sorazem

You would zip the folder and then upload it inside 1Password. Should you need to make edits you'd need to download the zip file, expanded it, make those edits, zip the file again, and replace the file in 1Password. 1Password does not support live editing of files.

Save important files in 1Password

It is not possible to use a secondary password. I'd be happy to file a feature request for you.

• sorazem
    sorazem
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. So just to be clear, there is no way in which to store a password protected file or folder in 1Password?

• @sorazem

No, not with a secondary password. You could zip (compress the file) and then upload it. Saving the bundled files in 1Password. You might be able to secure the zip file with a password. I don't have any knowledge about that. Perhaps another user here in the community can chime in.

• sorazem
    sorazem
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Tommy. Really appreciate your help.S

• You're most welcome.