Hot do i get rid of the 1Password button, while keeping the hotkey invoked login filler?

Options

So... The 1Password icon in the new version of the 1Password extension tends to pop up in all sort of input fields and obscure text that is being entered...

I know how to completely disable it - disabling "Offer to save and fill passwords". This also disables the small "login dropdown" that can be invoked through a hotkey. It also.. Well.. Disables the possibility to save passwords.

There has to be a way to only disable the icon that I have missed?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Firefox Developer Edition

Comments

• @forsgren

If you right-click on the page and select 1Password > Hide on this page does it help? Note that when the browser is quit that the setting will be lost. This is working as intended.

• forsgren
    forsgren
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Well, it does hide the icon, but it also nukes the autofill menu and ability to trigger it using the hotkey.

I just want to hide the icon. Not lose the ability to trigger the autofill menu.

• You might be able to use something like Quick Access/Universal access or the browser toolbar. The hide action temporarily hides the icon on the page. Once you are done you can optionally repeat the procedure and uncheck hide on this page. This is just a quick way to get 1Password out of your way if needed in order for your to accomplish your task at hand.

• forsgren
    forsgren
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy I'm just looking for a way to (permanently) disable the button while keeping the ability to trigger the autofill menu. Is this possible via a setting I have missed somewhere?

If there is no such setting, it really should be added.

• forsgren
    forsgren
    Community Member
    Options

I've been experimenting a bit. Apparently the extension and autofill menu itself works just fine (along with being triggered by the hotkey) even if I manually remove the 1Password button that is put inside the inputs from the DOM of the page.

Any chance for a setting in the extension to hide the button, while keeping the functionality of the autofill menu and hotkey?

• ag_tommy
    edited January 26
    Options

I can get a request before the products team for that functionality. 🙂

ref: PB-37998267