1Password keeps locking

Options
ptmguelph
ptmguelph
Community Member

I constantly have to enter my master password to unlock 1Password. For example, today, I have had to unlock it three times already, while still in the same Chrome session, i.e., I have not restarted Chrome or my Mac. My master password is not a simple one, so it is a nuisance having to keep entering it in order to get 1Password to do its work. How can I get 1Password to stay unlocked?

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: 2.19.0
OS Version: MacOS 14.2.1
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @ptmguelph! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password is locking more often than expected. I suspect that maybe the communication between the desktop app and the browser extension has broken down, please try these steps to get things working again:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password from your Mac's Applications folder.
    4. Open your web browser.

If that doesn't fix the issue then can you tell me what your auto-lock settings are currently configured to be: How to set 1Password to lock automatically

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• ptmguelph
    ptmguelph
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your suggestions, Dave. I've done your steps 1-4, so I'll have to wait a while to see if 1Password keeps locking up.
    Meanwhile, restarting 1Password and Chrome updated both to new versions, which may also make a difference.
    While following your steps, I saw that I could unlock 1Password with my Apple Watch, so I set that up and I've used it already to unlock when I restarted the app. Much easier than entering my master password.
    I'll let you know tomorrow if the constant locking has stopped.

• @ptmguelph

Thanks for the update! If the issue does come back then let me know and I can help further. 🙂

-Dave

• ptmguelph
    ptmguelph
    Community Member
    Options

Still no lockouts today, Dave. Thanks for your help.

• I'm happy to hear that everything is working again. 🙂

-Dave