SmallClanger
SmallClanger
Community Member

Hi all,

I'm a regular use of the Quick Access UI: My flow runs something like this:

• ssh to a thing, password/passphrase prompt appears
  • Open QA with Shift+CMD+Space
  • Type a couple of common characters to float my requirement to the top
  • Hit Shift+CMD+C and CMD+V in quick succession to copy and paste the the pwd into the shell window.

8 times out of 10 I do that last step 'too' quickly. The UI is still fading out after the copy operation and hasn't dropped focus, so I'm pasting the password back into to QA.

Sometimes I find the copied password has even been appended in plaintext to my QA search term when I re-open it to try again, which makes for a risky, unanticipated 'reveal', though I'm finding it hard to repro this on demand; possibly a race condition?

I'd love an option to disable that fade and have it drop focus as close to instantly as possible. I realise it's not the worst thing in the world to have to wait 0.8s to get focus back to my shell, but it feels like an unnecessary hitch for just some UI prettiness.

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
Browser: N/A

Comments

• Hi @SmallClanger - thanks for taking the time to bring this to my attention. I've been able to replicate this behaviour in my testing.

I can definitely see how this could cause some interruption to your workflow, sorry about that. I've filed an issue with the development team so that they can investigate and work towards a fix.

I can't offer a timeframe for when a fix will become available, but keeping 1Password up to date will be the best way to ensure that you receive all fixes and improvements as soon as they are released.

ref: dev/core/core#27404

• SmallClanger
    SmallClanger
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Kester.D_1P - Much appreciated.

Did you manage to reproduce the password appearing in the search bar, too? I'm still wondering if if it's just me because it doesn't happen all that often.

• Hi @SmallClanger - you're very welcome. I was also able to reproduce that part of the behaviour and I've added it to the internal work issue.

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member
    Options

glad this got picked up 👍. I noticed on my older intel mac this is extremely noticeable. Where I do a 2 count before i tried to do anything.

• @snowy

I've let our developers know that this is affecting your workflow as well. I'm sorry for the trouble.

-Dave