Touch ID not there in safari

Options

I am no longer given the option to use touch ID?
Is this a new change?
If not might anyone know how to get this option back?

1Password Version: 8.10.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.5
Browser: safari

Comments

• hardymac
    hardymac
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. The help set up dialogue does not match the actual screens either?

• Hey @pflugernate, @hardymac,

It looks like 1Password in your browser might be having a hard time connecting with your 1Password app. Can you give these steps a try and let us know if it improves things:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit your browser by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test if you can now unlock with Touch ID.

Let us know how you get on!

• pflugernate
    pflugernate
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @steph.giles

So I did as you suggested.
    This did not solve the problem.
    I am still having to enter my master password vs using Touch ID as seen in the attached screenshots.
    Now if I just randomly open and unlock 1password without needing it at that exact moment II am given the option to use Touch ID. But when it is called to open via the site it requires full master password input.

• Thank you for your prompt response @pflugernate.

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• pflugernate
    pflugernate
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hey @steph.giles

So I did as you suggested. And our BitBot friends sent me this Support ID number

[#QUZ-95192-825]

• Thank you @pflugernate.

I have located your support ticket and I see the team have been in touch.

ref: QUZ-95192-825

• CraigCottingham
    CraigCottingham
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem, and I'm really surprised (and concerned) that there doesn't seem to have been a fix or even an update on this in four months.

• @CraigCottingham

The other users troubles have been resolved. You might be encountering something different. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. CraigCottingham
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/comment/704258/#Comment_704258

This will help us connect the dots as they say.